Search This Blog

Friday, January 20, 2012

Making soap

Today was snow day four...four days in the house has let me to yearn for something to make...so I am making soap. This first batch was made with olive oil. I chose the most simple recipe, since this is totally new to me. The steps were widely available online. The most daunting was the lye. Each site you read lists lye as "deadly", "toxic", and "dangerous". I even took the recommendation to wear rubber gloves--which is very un art teacher like. Once the lye and oil were combined, I added lavender, sage, rosemary, and thyme. I'm thinking this will be a good batch for the bath. Smells good. Now we wait for 2 weeks. More photos later.  

 

 



 

 



 

 



 

 



 

 



 

 



 

 


1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fun project - Let me know how the weather is doing and if some of the snow is melting - Dad

    ReplyDelete